1. Is the Al-Husna Certificate in Traditional Islamic Studies course conducted in English? YES.
2. Can I pay in monthly instalment? The course fee is S$800 (Singapore Dollars Eight Hundred Only). We apologise that we cannot accept instalment payments. You can choose to pay by cheque, credit card or NETS.
3. What is the dress code? Men and women are required to dress modestly, according to Islamic guidelines, especially from the teachings of Imam Shafi’i and Imam Abu Hanifa. Men and women are highly encouraged to wear respective headgear.
4. Is there a place for prayers? YES, we will provide space for students to perform their prayers (e.g. zhr, asr, maghrib, etc)
5. Do you provide financial assistance for this course? Those interested may fill in the Financial Assistance Form, and we will evaluate each application on its own merit. Successful candidates may receive full or partial subsidy.
6. Can I bring my child or children to the class? We do not allow children to accompany their parents to attend this course. However we may allow under extenuating circumstances, provided the children will not be an impediment to the conducive learning environment.
7. Can I record the lessons? NO. We will be recording all lessons, and these will be made privately available (as a revision) for all registered students only.
8. Can I attend a few trial lessons? NO. If you wish to evaluate the teaching lessons of the academics like Shaykh Ahmad Saad, you may view his lectures online on Youtube, Vimeo, etc.
9. Are there any exams? NO. The Al-Husna Course is a non-examinable certificate program dedicated to the sound and comprehensive knowledge and understanding of Islamic sciences. We may however have some kind of assessments to monitor the students development.
10. Due to some work commitments, I may not be able to attend some lessons. Will the classes be recorded? To fully appreciate the course, its knowledge and application, students are highly encouraged to fulfill 70% attendance. We understand that working students may find some difficulty in attending all classes, and as such we will be making the class video recordings available privately to each student.
11. Will students be issued a certificate? YES, each student that completes 70% attendance will be issued with a completion certificate.
12. What are the pre-requisites for the course? Students should be at least 16 years of age, and possess intermediate English proficiency, since the entire course is conducted in the English language. Students are not required to have any prior knowledge or formal exposure to Islamic studies, but they are expected to at least be able to read the Holy Qur’an at a basic level.
13. How long is the course? The course schedule is available on our website [click here].
[This FAQ section is a work in progress]